Starting the 64 bit static build on windows

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jrm
Authentication code: 6789

Starting the 64 bit static build on windows

Post by jrm »

Downloaded and extracted windows binary release ImageMagick-6.8.8-8-Q16-x64-static.exe. Trying to run it in place with defaults only. Not even trying to actually do anything yet - simply trying to get "convert" to report formats that it supports.

If my CWD is anything other than the directory containing the binaries, I get:

Code: Select all

$ ./unsupportedbin64/convert
Fatal User Error 1002: Deadlock due to omp_set_lock being called on lock already owned by thread
However, if I run in directory containing the binaries:

Code: Select all

$ ./convert                                                                     
Version: ImageMagick 6.8.8-8 Q16 x64 2014-03-07 http://www.imagemagick.org      
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2014 ImageMagick Studio LLC                       
Features: DPC OpenMP                                                            
Delegates: bzlib cairo freetype jbig jng jp2 jpeg lcms lqr pangocairo png ps rsv
g tiff webp xml zlib                                                            

Usage: convert.exe [options ...] file [ [options ...] file ...] [options ...]
It wouldn't suprise me to need to set at least some variables to have things found properly, but I would have expected to see an error suggesting a missing library or an inability to find something critical. The redundant thread lock error makes no sense at all.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Am I overlooking something obvious (it wouldn't be the first time... :) )

Thanks!

-jrm

James Mason
Exa Corporation
Burlington, MA
magick
Site Admin

Re: Starting the 64 bit static build on windows

Post by magick »

We have a solution to the problem you reported in ImageMagick 6.8.8-9, scheduled for release within a week.
jrm

Post by jrm »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this problem generic to the current set of windows binaries? If I need to move more quickly - will I be better served with a different collection of the current version? Or should I go to an earlier version?

Thanks!

-jrm
SanjayJadhav

Post by SanjayJadhav »

Hey can you please let me know from where you have downloaded the code for ImageMagick-6.8.8-8-Q16-x64-static.exe.
Can you let me know the url.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Imagemagick only saves -10 versions as I understand it. So the closest you could download would be 6.8.8-10