fractal noise particular

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
manuel_songokuh
Authentication code: 1151

fractal noise particular

Post by manuel_songokuh »

hello

i like to use imagemagick magnific!
then i need to ask you but first i show you:
the image is big size you can see scala 100% from browser or save in pc and open from player image to scala 100 ok?

this is crated from Adobe aftereffect, generated, fractal noise, but it's particular, so imagemagick is missed.. but i know there is similar fractal noise for imagemagick but not same 100%..
so i want to say you for this topic "kudos and rants", i hope that team developer will can create other fractal noise (particular).
i'm looked for other open source for fractal noise, but not find same...so i did find other link for create programming..
i will can give you links for create programming for imagemagick if you wish..

ok?
i'm not programmer, i'm a artist.
manuel_songokuh

Re: fractal noise particular

maybe that used technical "Turbulence" in noise..?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Moved to User's forum to see if others have any ideas about creating it from IM.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

see my examples of Perlin noise at http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/perlin/index.php

For example:

Code: Select all

perlin 500x500 -s 4 -e 8 perlin_s4_e8.png
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

My more primitive method, Windows BAT syntax, using HDRI:

%IMDEV%convert ^
  ( -size 10x10 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 20x20 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.5 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.25 ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 40x40 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.25 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.375 ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 80x80 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.125 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.4375 ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 160x160 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.0625 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.46875 ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 320x320 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.03125 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.484375 ^
  ) ^
  ( -size 640x640 xc: ^
    +noise Random ^
    -resize "640x640^!" ^
    -evaluate Multiply 0.015625 ^
    -evaluate Add 0.49921875 ^
  ) ^
  -compose Plus -layers merge ^
  -auto-level ^
  n.png
This makes:

Make another one:

Then distort one by the other ("turbulence"):

convert n.png p.png -compose Distort -set option:compose:args 100%%x100%% -composite c.png
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
manuel_songokuh

fmw42
thank you for more examples commands of IM.
that Image
not similar than Image
maybe try with "Turbulence", i'm not sure.. you can see my screen record :
https://mega.nz/#!7lV2VA7A!1l6wjIDwG8-8 ... NtM3BCMCsE
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

I cannot view your link. Every browser I have tried (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) say that the browser is too old. Firefox and Chrome are up to date as the most current versions.

Please explain or give us a reference to turbulences noise.

You will not likely be able to reproduce that image perfectly. Most noise algorithms have a seed involve and even if you know the algorithm, you do not know the seed used for this image.
manuel_songokuh

fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

That is a nice video and seems to be a rather extensive application. But it does not tell us mathematically how it works. So there is little hope of reproducing it without such information. Is that a plugin to Adobe After Effects? What is it called?

You also do not say why you have to have that exact type of noise.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

I Googled for fractal noise AE and found this reference https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/u ... fects.html, which says

"The Turbulent Noise effect uses Perlin noise to create grayscale noise that you can use for organic-looking backgrounds, displacement maps, and textures, or to simulate things like clouds, fire, lava, steam, flowing water, or vapor."

So it is using the same basic algorithm that I used above in my script, perlin.
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

I think those turbulence effects are created by displacing one fractional-noise image by another. It would take some experimentation to reproduce the effects.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

snibgo wrote:I think those turbulence effects are created by displacing one fractional-noise image by another. It would take some experimentation to reproduce the effects.
Yes, that article goes on to explain the controls, some of which do rotations and scaling of each resolution level image (layer) and also clipping, inverting, etc. Many of these variations, I do not yet have in my perlin script. But I do not know what exact combinations create the "turbulence" mode.

Controls
Fractal Type

The fractal noise is created by generating a grid of random numbers for each noise layer. The Complexity setting specifies the number of noise layers. The Fractal Type setting determines the characteristics of this grid.

Noise Type

The type of interpolation to use between the random values in the noise grid.

Invert

Inverts the noise. Black areas become white, and white areas become black.

Contrast

The default value is 100. Higher values create larger, more sharply defined areas of black and white in the noise, generally revealing less subtle detail. Lower values result in more areas of gray, softening or muting the noise.

Overflow

Remaps color values that fall outside the range of 0–1.0, using one of the following options:

Clip

Remaps values so that any value above 1.0 is displayed as pure white, and any value below 0 is displayed as pure black. The Contrast value influences how much of the image falls outside this range. Higher values result in a mostly black and/or white image with less gray area. Therefore, higher contrast settings display less subtle detail. When used as a luma matte, the layer has sharper, better-defined areas of transparency.

Soft Clamp

Remaps values on an infinite curve so that all values stay in the range. This option reduces contrast and makes noise appear gray with few areas of pure black or pure white. When used as a luma matte, the layer contains subtle areas of transparency.

Wrap Back

Remaps triangularly, so that values above 1.0 or below 0 fall back into the range. This option reveals subtle detail when Contrast is set above 100. When used as a luma matte, the layer reveals more detailed textured areas of transparency.

Allow HDR Results

No remapping is performed. Values outside the range of 0-1.0 are preserved.

Transform

Settings to rotate, scale, and position the noise layers. The layers appear as if they are at different depths if you select Perspective Offset.

Complexity

The number of noise layers that are combined (according to the Sub Settings) to create the fractal noise. Increasing this number increases the apparent depth and amount of detail in the noise.

Note:
Increasing Complexity results in longer rendering times. If appropriate, try reducing the Size rather than increasing Complexity to achieve similar results and avoid longer rendering. A trick to increase apparent complexity without increasing rendering time is to use a negative or very high Contrast or Brightness setting and choose Wrap Back for Overflow.

Sub Settings

The fractal noise is generated by combining layers of noise. The Sub Settings control how this combination occurs and how the properties of the noise layers are offset from one another. Scaling successive layers down creates finer details.

Sub Influence

How much influence each successive layer has on the combined noise. At 100%, all iterations have the same amount of influence. At 50%, each iteration has half as much influence as the previous iteration. A value of 0% makes the effect appear exactly as if Complexity is 1.

Sub Scaling, Rotation, and Offset

The scale percentage, angle, and position of a noise layer relative to the previous noise layer.

Center Subscale

Calculates each noise layer from the same point as the previous layer. This setting can result in the appearance of duplicated noise layers stacked on top of each other.

Evolution

Uses progressive revolutions that continue to change the image with each added revolution. This method is unlike typical revolutions that refer to a setting on the dial control for which the result is the same for every multiple of 360°. For Evolution, the appearance at 0° is different from the appearance at 1 revolution, which is different from the appearance at 2 revolutions, and so on. To return the Evolution setting to its original state (for example, to create a seamless loop), use the Cycle Evolution option.

You can specify how much the noise evolves over a period of time by animating Evolution. The more revolutions within a given amount of time, the more rapidly the noise changes. Large changes in the Evolution value over a short period of time may result in flashing.

To create a seamless loop, use Cycle Evolution, and set Evolution keyframes at full revolutions with no degrees—partially completed revolutions may interrupt the loop.

Evolution Options

Options for Evolution.

You can easily create new fractal noise animations by reusing previously created Evolution cycles and changing only the Random Seed value. Using a new Random Seed value alters the noise pattern without disturbing the Evolution animation.

Instead of animating Evolution over the entire composition, save rendering time by prerendering and looping one short Evolution cycle for the duration you want.

Cycle Evolution

Creates a cycle of Evolution that loops over the set amount of time. This option forces the Evolution state to return to its starting point, creating a smooth progressive cycle, a nonrepeating cycle, or a loop segment.

To ensure that a cycle completes full revolutions, choose a Cycle value that either matches or is evenly divisible by the number of revolutions set for Evolution.

Cycle (in Revolutions)

Specifies the number of revolutions that the noise cycles through before it repeats. The amount of time between Evolution keyframes determines the speed of these Evolution cycles. This option affects only the evolution of the noise, not Transform or other controls. For example, if you view two identical states of noise with different Size or Offset settings, they don’t appear the same.

Note:
Cycle is available only if Cycle Evolution is selected.

Random Seed

Sets a random value from which to generate the noise. Animating the Random Seed property results in flashing from one set of noise to another (within that fractal type), which is usually not the result that you want. For smooth animation of noise, animate the Evolution property.

Opacity

Opacity of the noise.

Blending Mode

The blending operation between the fractal noise and the original image. These blending modes are identical to the ones in the Modes column in the Timeline panel, with the following exceptions:

None

Renders the fractal noise only and does not composite on the original layer.

Hue

Renders the fractal noise as hue values instead of grayscale. The Saturation and Lightness of the original layer are maintained. If the original layer is grayscale, nothing happens.

Saturation

Renders the fractal noise as saturation values instead of grayscale. The Hue and Lightness of the original layer are maintained. If the original layer is grayscale, nothing happens.

fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

manuel_songokuh

yes that is needed for IM more feature for noise.. it's possible or not?