ConfigureWizard from source build error c2280 in visual studio 2015. windows 10.

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
josephaaroncampbell
Authentication code: 1151

ConfigureWizard from source build error c2280 in visual studio 2015. windows 10.

Post by josephaaroncampbell »

Hello!

I am trying to compile imageMagick using Visual Studio Community 2015. Ive been following the directions on 'install from source' and the 'advanced windows source installation' links.

However, after downloading the ImageMagick-Windows.zip I do as the source intall links advise and extract the directory then locate the "configure.sln" file.It opens in Visual Studio 2015 Community and wants to update. This completes with no issues. After it updates, all the source files seem to be listed in the Solution Explorer.

However, when I select Build as Release option it starts to build the configure app but stops everytime with this error:

Error C2280 'ConfigureWizard::ConfigureWizard(const ConfigureWizard &)': attempting to reference a deleted function configure c:\users\username\desktop\imagemagick-6.9.2-4\visualmagick\configure\configureapp.cpp 45 Build

I've read up on google what this error means but Im completely new at this. So much so im not sure if im the problem or if the newest version of Visual Studio is the problem. I found a thread about Windows 10 with a similar problem that was solved by installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable. Of which i have both the x86 and x64 installed. along with each version going back to 2005. (probably from pc games)

Windows 10:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28134&p=124354&hili ... io#p124354

As im learning to use visual studio and also just starting to learn c++, Is there something I am missing?

My goal is to actually open and use the IMDisplay application as an example and learning tool for Magic++. As referenced at the bottom of this page here: http://www.imagemagick.org/Magick++/Install.html

Thank You for your time.

Version: ImageMagick-6.9.2-4
Windows 10 x64
Visual Studio 2015 Community
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: ConfigureWizard from source build error c2280 in visual studio 2015. windows 10.

Post by dlemstra »

I just pushed a patch to our git repository to fix this. It is not necessary to rebuild configure.exe. You can just use the executable that we provided.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
josephaaroncampbell
Authentication code: 1151

Re: ConfigureWizard from source build error c2280 in visual studio 2015. windows 10.

Post by josephaaroncampbell »

Thanks dlemstra!