Embedded cut-outs

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
pezenas

Embedded cut-outs

Post by pezenas »

I have a jpeg which I understand has a cut-out embedded in it. It's a lotus flower and I want to eliminate the background and just pull out the flower. I don't know what having a cut-out embedded even means. Can I remove the flower and leave the background behind?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Embedded cut-outs

Post by anthony »

Use the -clip option after reading in the image.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
pezenas

Post by pezenas »

sorry to be so thick but what is the -clip option and how do I go about it. Can this be done in Photoshop CS2?

many thanks

Peter
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

This forum is for ImageMagick software nothing to do with Photoshop etc.

Check Anthony's signature for examples of how it works and what it does then decide if this is what you are looking to use?

If it is what you want to use a link to the image and what method you intened to use would help.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

Sorry Bonzo. In this case I have no examples. -clip is not something I have example images for, so have no examples for it.

The same goes for the other similar options -clip-path, -clip-mask, and -mask.

Of course if they did exist they would be placed in 'Channels and Masks' section, perhaps you like to explore and write up an example for inclusion. The source HTML I follow is reasonably simple.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/