feature request: <include> in ~/.magick/type.xml

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
RetroJ

feature request: <include> in ~/.magick/type.xml

Post by RetroJ »

Hello,

I have found by experimentation that <include> tags don't work in my ~/.magick/type.xml. It would be a convenience to me if this was supported.

I have a large collection of fonts, split up into several different directories. In each of these directories, I have created a type.xml with font definitions for all the files in that directory. I would like to be able to use include tags in my ~/.magick/type.xml in order to selectively add the font definitions from particular directories. This would be more convenient than defining all the fonts directly in ~/.magick/type.xml because I would be able to include or exclude a group of related fonts by changing a single line in the file.

Thank you.
magick
Site Admin

Re: feature request: <include> in ~/.magick/type.xml

Post by magick »

The include directive is relative to the current directory so you will need to specify ../ in your filename to traverse the file hierarchy.
RetroJ

Post by RetroJ »

magick wrote:The include directive is relative to the current directory so you will need to specify ../ in your filename to traverse the file hierarchy.
Yes that works. Will you consider supporting absolute paths too, in the future?

Thank you.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Absolute paths are already in ImageMagick 6.4.7-3 beta available sometime tomorrow.
RetroJ

Post by RetroJ »

magick wrote:Absolute paths are already in ImageMagick 6.4.7-3 beta available sometime tomorrow.
Many thanks. I will be able to make immediate use of the feature.