override dcraw options without editing delegate.xml?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
josephaaroncampbell
Authentication code: 1151

override dcraw options without editing delegate.xml?

Post by josephaaroncampbell »

Hello!

So i am working with DNG files and would like to convert them with a linear curve rather than the defaults defined for dcraw in the delegate file. I know how to manually change the delegate file and make this work. This can be explained in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28894&p=128650&hilit=dcraw#p128650

However, is there a way to override the delegate options while running the command line or a batch file? I've gotten around this in the past by directly calling dcraw instead of the convert function. EX: dcraw -4 -w somefile.dng ....this will create a linear file from the dng as far as I understand. But I cant always do that.

Im not sure if calling '-gamma' , '-intensity' , or another option will solve this.

To summarize, I just want to produce a linear image from a dng file without having to edit the dcraw options in the delegate file.

Thanks!

IM Version: 6.9.2-0 Q16 2015-08-15
MS Windows 7 64bit
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: override dcraw options without editing delegate.xml?

Post by snibgo »

You can convert an sRGB image to linear with "-colorspace RGB".

If you can't edit the system-wide delegates.xml, can you create your own personal delegates.xml? "debug all" will tell you where it is looking. Create a line like the dng line, but called something different like "dnl". Then prefix your input files with "dnl:" to use your delegate.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com